Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Better Late Than Never

Found this post in my drafts. Not sure if it was published but I want to keep it for the record so I'll post it today!

5th January 2013

Wow! It took only 5 days back from holidays and I had an overwhelming feeling that my head was about to explode.

Then followed a continuing stream of physical ailments from dental trauma to an irritating cough that interrupted every second word I said. Now 3 weeks later I am finding my feet again...

I have just come to the end of a life transforming four day contact Improvisation dance retreat. My first ever!
It has been strenuous taking the full weight of other bodies, learning to roll and spiral and balance and lean.
I haven't done a somersault or handstand in 40 years so I was really stretching myself.
We were right by the beach and we shared morning and evening meditations and swimming.
The 30 people attending were such lovely people to be around, open, playful, interesting, having a connection to the earth and to God.

 I came away feeling exhausted but with a renewed strength and resilience in body.

No comments:

Post a Comment